2014/04/20

Rimmel Matte BB Cream Review


BB creams are all the rage nowadays but the Koreans have been using it for quite a while now and seem to have perfected the BB Cream. Here in North America we seem to be struggling to catch on, with various brands releasing multiple versions of BB creams.  Today I'm going to be doing a review on the Rimmel Matte BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup.  This product claims to do a lot with its oil free formula it supposedly minimizes the appearance of pores, evens skin tone, mattifies, controls shine, smoothes, soothes, helps prevent blemishes, give all day coverage and more!  If it really did all of that it really would be a super makeup; however it does not live up to its name.  I got this product for about $8 at my local Target.

The packaging for this product is mainly what attracted me to it, it's sleek, simply and purple!  There is 1 fl oz/30 ml per bottle which is standard for a bb cream/foundation.  However, the twisty cap is a hassle to use I have to turn the bottle upside down to prevent the huge mess that it makes!
This BB cream only has 2 colour options: light and medium.  I'm using the light colour and the medium colour is only a bit more orange.  This product doesn't cater to a lot of consumers.  I think that's fine considering no one's really missing out.  This product is pretty easy to blend and layer on however it isn't matte like it claims to be, after about an hour I'm an oil slick once again.  However this product is great at relieving redness in my nose area.  This product clings to dry spots.  Since it doesn't mattify and it clings to dry skin, it's not for everyone(or anyone really!)  I would not repurchase this product.
What's your favourite BB cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment